Thursday, August 9, 2012

A Passion in Beauty


There is so much beauty in this world.  But beauty is so subjective.  I definitely know where I find beauty, and I’ve found it in so many places.

Let me start by saying, I do not say the word ‘beauty’ lightly.  In today’s society, so many words are thrown around in so many different ways, that they all seem to lose their importance.  The definition of beauty states “deep satisfaction to the mind” or “high spiritual qualities are manifest.”  When I say beautiful, I don’t mean sexy, or even pretty, I mean moving to the soul.

I’ve found beauty in my fiance’s eyes, I’ve found it standing on the top of a mountain, with the vastness of the Earth far below me.  I find beauty laying in my hammock in the back yard, I’ve found it in a great book that has consumed my time.  But more importantly, I find beauty in passion used to create.




It’s what first attracted me to my fiancĂ©.  She is a published author, creating two novels out of her imagination.  I’m currently still working on my own novels, something always seems to come up to destroy my plans.  But there is beauty when I look at WordPerfect, and that empty page with the blinking cursor.   I love to create stories, its one of my passions.

Another is photography, which I used to think was just a hobby to get me to see the beautiful places of the world.  Soon after I got decent at taking pictures, I noticed the beauty of scenes.  Framing the world through a lens, making minor adjustments in Lightroom to bring out the highlights and shadows....

My Aunt Bonnie is a painter, a WONDERFUL painter.  Sometimes I want to throttle her for not painting more and selling her work.  She and some of my friends want to throttle me for not selling my photography, so that’s a two way street.

Beauty is something that is all around us, and I find it shameful that not enough people stop and look at it.  I honestly believe, that beauty is one of the main reasons we were given life.  To marvel at, and enjoy this amazing collection of atoms, and how they stack up.  Beauty is inspiration, and inspiration is “a divine influence.”

I’ve seen sunsets, frozen waterfalls, sunrises, children succeed, Phelps win many medals, my fiancĂ© smile, and a blank page fill up with words from a distant dream that make others dream even further.

So what do you find beautiful in this world?  I want to know so please put a comment down and tell me!

--Dan


Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage