Thursday, August 30, 2012

Metric Milestones


Milestones are such simple little things that always seem to mean so much.  Just a round number most times, they tend to radiate an accomplishment.  There are so many stats on this blog thing, so much to keep track of.  I have surpassed 1000 page views, and I’m very happy about that milestone.

But now what’s next for me?  I am actually close to getting 1000 pages views per month, maybe that will be it.  I know I’ll keep track the next two, 2000 and 2500 total page views.  And I’m steadily approaching 50 posts.  I currently have 86 published comments, so that’s approaching 100, which will be a nice one, though I don’t see a stat about how many were mine....

The most page views I’ve had in one day was 56, that will be a fun one to surpass.  The Facebook Page is slowly closing in on 25 likes.  I’m hoping that will shoot up.  Up to 15 followers on Twitter, considering I never believed I’d ever get on Twitter, that’s quite interesting....

I’m extremely happy that with quite a bit of effort I was able to get the page views of the first episode of Ballad of the Emerald Bard to the most viewed blog on the site.  I’m hoping this will set a trend for the rest of the stories, as writing about Deeya again has been a very fun experiment, and I still hope it is a successful one. Especially since the 2nd episode is now written and scheduled for this Saturday @ 7pm CST.

So many numbers, it can be overly confusing on what my next ‘major’ milestone shall be.  I’m just happy the wedding is continuing to approach.  Between that, and writing a novel, and blogging, and just being happy, life is full of milestones.  Even have a special birthday this weekend.

We all celebrate so many milestones in our lives.  Thank you all, readers, from the depths of my heart for giving me some blogging milestones.  There is a long way for me to go yet, and I can’t wait to see what is next, but none of this would be possible if people did not stop by and read.

So tell me some of your favorite milestones you’ve completed recently, or some coming up!  Comment down below, because I’m always interested in seeing other people find importance in metrics.

–Dan

Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage