Wednesday, August 8, 2012

(poem) The divine blessing of life


I’ve stood upon the mountain top
And looked down upon the Earth
This is where I found God
Where I found life’s worth

Most people see such beauty
In the eyes of their child
Others when simply
Trekking through the wild




It’s hard to look past
The beauty of nature
When you find inspiration there
You fill find nothing so pure

I can’t help but create
When touched by beauty
The blinking icon on the page
Has anything so taunted me?

I want to share my dreams
With the entire world
They are marvelous stories
When they are unfurled.




I’ve moved people to tears
Made them flood with emotion
With the written word
The world can stop its motion

I’ve gone to beautiful places
With a pen and pad
And let inspiration rush over me
Writing among proverbial dryads.

There is absolution nothing more calming
Than laying in the hammock
On a warm windy day
Watching clouds run amuck

Swaying in that breeze
Listening to the sound of the world turning
Fills my soul
With gentle yearning




To dream a dream
Recreating forgotten lore
Oh to be a Bard
In the days of yore

To spin tails
To play the lute
Allowing people to relive
Deeds of great repute

Yes, I found religion
In the beauty of life
Why can’t others find the peace of God
Without the damning strife?

--Dan

--Want more Poetry?  Check out my Poetry Collection Page!


Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage