Saturday, August 11, 2012

The reason I create.


Have you ever had a dream that overwhelmed you?  I’m not talking about a nightmare, I’m talking about thoughts of a story that has swept you away, and after you came out of the dream, you just kept adding to it, or editing it, as you went through your day?  Ever see a story or a movie, and think to yourself that you could have done it better, or that it would have been better with certain tweaks?

Unfortunately, I am like this.  I say unfortunate, because sometimes I can’t enjoy certain stories because I see the plot holes, or something that’s just incorrect, or something that the author/director changed to fit what they needed to, even though they had set up something before that doesn’t justify it.  Okay, maybe that last one was a bit confusing due to pronouns.




I watch movies quite a bit, and one of the movies types that are popular from time to time are stories about Angels.  Whether or not you believe in them, sometimes they can be very poignant stories that touch the heart, but honestly, I’ve never been satisfied by a single one.  Which is very sad.

So one day, I started formulating my own, a great idea about an Angel falling to Earth.  And hopefully one day, that will turn into a novel.  Someone asked the other day in a comment about what I wrote about, as I want to be a novelist.  Frankly, I have many ideas, all fiction, across many subjects.  Currently I’m working on coauthoring a Vampire novel with my fiancĂ©, while working on a Fantasy novel.

But the real question was why I write.  I have dreams, passions, stories....  I want to share them with the world.  I’ve read novels in the past, and have been moved to emotion.  Laughing, crying, I have even felt anger from the words I've read on the page.  Even love.  They were all beautiful experiences, and I knew, deep down, that I could move people to emotion as well.




Emotion, I fully believe is one of the best things about being Human.  To enjoy the rushes of love, or lust, or pain, or anger, is something that almost everyone can relate to.  It can bring back your own memories of events, or create new memories.  I’ve lived an amazing life, full of an amazing amount of emotion, and I want someone to enter a world of my creating, and find something in it that they can’t find anywhere else.

I want to move someone, anyone, the way I have been moved, reading some of my favorite books.  I’m passionate about it.  That is why I write.  Part of the blogging experience to me is to get myself writing, sitting here in front of my computer, the keyboard getting hammered as I write furiously to get my thoughts down on this empty WordPerfect screen.  Though...its not so empty right now....

So, tell me, what is your passion?  Why do you write blogs?  Do you write other things?  Leave some comments, as I’m always open to conversations about passions and why people write and share their dreams.

–Dan


Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage