Monday, September 10, 2012

What To Blog About

Dan has wanted me to blog for some time but just what would I blog about? He told me I should blog about vampires. There is so much I could blog about vampires but since I write about them all the time I thought I would write about something else. But just what would I write about?

I thought about this for days, finally I thought about writing about cooking. Yes I know there are many blogs out there about cooking but you see, I love the movie Julie & Julia , but I don’t cook much. Dan does most of the cooking, I’m amazed at what he can do with spices, and how he cooks with wine. I do help him make dinner and lunch but I have really no cooking skills.

I started looking on Pinterest and cookbooks online for recipes that my family would like. Dan is a VERY picky eater (no veggies, he hates the taste of meat, he calls himself a ‘spicetarian’ but I have no clue what to call a diet like that) and a teenager that can eat me out of house and home. Dan swears she’s about to hit a growth spurt with the amount she’s currently consuming.

Being from the South, I like simple home cooking. Fried foods, veggies, home made bread...all the good stuff. When Dan moved in with me, the way I ate changed, too. Maybe it was for the better. I used to drink soda all the time, now its just water. Bleh. But then, I can’t say much, because of the change from soda to water, I can barely stand soda now at all....

So I found some recipes that I thought the whole family would like. First was a Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe I found on my Kindle . It was how to make it in bulk, and honestly it turned out better than any type I had ever tried.... Dan calculated it cost us less than $15 to make, and it fed us for at least 6 meals.

The one we tried last week was Doritos Cheesy Chicken Casserole. It was very easy to make, and it only took about an hour to make, and was really tasty as well. Everyone in the family liked it, especially since Dan substituted refried beans for the corn.

So I’ve decided we are going to pick and try a new recipe once a week and try it. I love trying new things. So do you have a favorite food or meal? Dan and I would love to hear what it is, because we are always looking for new cheap dishes to make. Share with us, maybe we’ll make it ourselves and see how it goes!

--Lisa

Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage