Friday, October 26, 2012

(poem) - The End of the World


I swear I will stay with you
As our love is unfurled
Even if we stand
At the end of the world
The sun will set
On another dying day
And I sleep soundly knowing
I loved you in every way

I slip into the dream
And you are waiting for me there
I cannot escape you
For you are everywhere

You smile at me
While I sleep in your arms all curled
Because you know I’ll be there
At the end of the world.

We wake together
Witnessing the sun rise
We know today holds
Absolutely no goodbyes

And as the day goes on
We enjoy it all the more
Because it is each other
Whom we most adore

Around the sun
The clouds have swirled
Shading us together waiting
At the end of the world.

The world may end tomorrow
Yet it may end this day
I know that you will always
Give thanks and pray

For all that we have
And all that we do
Because our most publisised phrase
Is, “Baby, I love you.”

And yet the Earth continues on
Spinning and whirled
And nothing between us changes
Even, at the end of the world.

--Dan

--Want more Poetry?  Check out my Poetry Collection Page!

((as always, my photography is taken by me, copyright be me, so please do not use without permission))

Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage