Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Post #100


One hundred posts.  Doesn’t seem like such a big deal as I write this one, but wow.  What a journey.  I know there’ll be many other milestones along the way, but this blog has truly been an amazing experience.

When I first started A Brainless Nod, I thought it would be a fun way to get me writing again.  Sure, I’m writing a novel, but its hard to really set a schedule when its just you and words that seem to stretch on forever.  Blogging has an instant gratification to it, that is such an amazing experience.  But I never thought it would take on a life of its own.



Sure, every blogger knows that its possible to make money blogging, and though I’ve not seen a return, I know its still a possibility.  But that’s definitely not why I write.  I’m writing all this because its fun, and its truly amazing to see my own work be so well received.  Sometimes its just nice to get things off your chest, and this format allows such a concept to spark a discussion, or even a debate.

All I know is, I’ve turned this into a pseudo-job.  I schedule my time in the morning to network and to write, and its really helped add a sense of purpose to the day.  I appreciate my time with Lisa and my step-daughter more, and I go into that part of the day unburdened by the frustration of carrying a story in my head that can’t get out.

This thing has given El’Mindeeya Do’Katal a life again.  She’s been a character of mine for years, and its amazing to see her grace this WordPerfect screen again.  Soon I might change it up, and write about another character of mine that’s been in my head for many years longer....  You never do know.

All in all, its been an amazing journey, in these one hundred posts, I’ve discovered a part of the internet that’s full of art, and life, and beauty.  I’m gotten to join discussions with terribly interesting people, who all have so much to say.

So this is it, the one hundredth post to A Brainless Nod.  I thank you all, my readers, for making this experience more than worth it.  Thank you for discovering this site, and thank you so much for those of you that keep coming back.  I don’t care how little I’ve made from blogging, or how much I will ever make, I consider this blog to be a resounding success, and its all thanks to you.

–Dan

Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage