Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy 2013!


Its hard not to get caught up in the whole New Year thing.  All the celebrations, all the joy.  All the hoping and wishing that this coming year will be better than the last.  That’s what truly makes the holidays worth it when they arrive.

But truly, its that moment after X-Mas and just before New Year’s Eve that I sit back in awe about.  All the craze of buying the perfect present is over.  Yeah sure you have the after Christmas sales, but they are nothing compared to Black Friday, yeesh.


But yeah, this is one of the best weeks of the year to simply enjoy life.  You’ve celebrated with family, now its time for the friends to celebrate the new year.  This is the week hope springs eternal, because anything is possible in the future.  And this coming year looks to be spectacular....

My wedding is coming up in February, and is there really anything better than looking forward to a day to celebrate the love Lisa and I share?  I look at the future and simply cannot wait to see how it turns out, which is a huge change from many of my previous years.  Sure they had hopes and dreams, but for the most part, they were for a change.  This year, I long for everything to go along the same.

I’ve somehow found a family that I adore, the love of my life, a step-daughter whom is amazing, and a life where just about anything is finally possible.  What WILL the future hold?  Only time will tell...and before that time happens, we have one final bash to go through.  Soon the Ball will drop, and everyone everywhere will ring in a new year on one of the major calenders in the world.  We survived yet another apocalypse, and many of us have our health.

For the first time in my life, I can truly look at my life and say that I have my entire life ahead of me.  This is the kind of thing I live for, a celebration of life, and of hope, and of dreams come true.  Happy New Year everyone, I don’t know what your outlook looks like, but either way, enjoy life as best you can, smile, laugh, and dance.  Have the happiest New Year you can!

--Dan

Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage