Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Quality Content is King, We Proved It


There are so many people, on so many websites, clamoring for ‘help’ with blogging.  They all seem to be asking the same questions, “How do I drive traffic?”  And it seems like everyone always answers the same thing, “Write quality articles!”  But what exactly does that mean?

Obviously I can’t completely answer that question for everyone.  Here at ABN, we write whatever we want to write about, so I’m not sure this advice would apply concretely to bloggers that want to write about SEO or technology reviews, but maybe, just maybe, those that write those sites will gain insight into writing by my own experience here.



I knew, when I set out, that I didn’t want to write about one subject, in particular, for my time online, and I really didn’t want to separate out my blog into separate websites.  I wanted a one stop shop for all my writing, be it articles, poetry, or fiction.  When I decided on that format, I knew I’d have to write like a maniac until I got some content.  With me hitting 100 posts, somewhat recently, I knew that I had finally hit a decent mark.

And when I hit that mark, I looked at my stats, and was floored at what I saw.  I never set out to write for SEO, or try to be some big helpful or educational site.  I write almost purely for entertainment.  Every now and then I get serious with a topic, but even then, I try to write it with a sense of compassion, knowing that I’m really just writing to get it off my chest, but hoping that if someone reads it, they will know that someone is out there who feels this subject besides them, and understands.

That being said, I never expected to be looking back from a hundred posts and knowing that not only are my numbers respectable, but they are quite unbelievable.  Thusly did I prove the most prolific answer to “How do I drive traffic?”  Yeah, I wrote the best articles my talent would allow.  I wrote the best poetry I could muster.  And I gave life to a Bard who is fully enjoying her own series of stories.  I did all then, and at the end of the day, I can only smile, because I have proof that some people out there are truly enjoying what I’m doing.

I also proved that you don’t have to pigeonhole yourself into a niche.  Note that I didn’t say niches weren’t good, because they truly are.  I enjoy knowing I can go to Ivan’s Blogger’s Club and get really great info on trending ideas in the SEO world.  I enjoy knowing that I can go to Cath’s Smart Party Planning and get info on some interesting party ideas.  That’s wonderful that niches exist, because that’s very comforting.  But I also know that readers can come here to ABN and get a crazy amount of information and entertainment on a wide variety of subjects.

So yes, Content is King, and never believe otherwise.  Here at ABN, we shall continue to strive to push out the best quality content I can muster, for as long as we're able.  And I hope, not only that you enjoyed your stay here, but that you come back later, and maybe browse around at our older articles.  Maybe even leave some comments during your stay.  Either way, thank you for stopping by, and thank you for all for proving that quality and content are THE most important things.

Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage