Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Hating of Dreamers


Why is dreaming of a better world such a bad thing?  Why is it taken as a bad thing?  I’ve never understood why people just don’t want to put aside their differences and put together a world where we can all work together....

Yeah, I’m a dreamer, I fully admit it.  How can I not be?  I’ve watched this world tear itself a part, day after day, minute after minute for over three and a half decades.  There is no end to the pain and suffering, and there is no end to the coverage of it.  This is the stuff that drives ratings?  This is the stuff people want to see?




Can I really be such a rare breed?  The hate that permeates the human species is astounding.  I sit back in awe of all the reasons people hate, and then marvel at the things people to do spark such hate.  It’s a never ending vicious cycle of destruction, and is just rolling over huge parts of the world, and tearing families apart.

Was Lennon killed because he was a dreamer and publicly admitted to it in the most marketable way possible?  Such an amazing idea though, a world without religion....  Is your invisible sky wizard really such a being that he wants the human race to war against each other?  All writings, from every religion in the world speak of love, tolerance, and peace....  So why is it, most either war openly, or kill in the worst ways?

So many things have been done in the name of one deity or another, that I’m truly amazed that noone has stepped back and tried to put a stop to it.  I’d rather live in an eternal hell of torture and pain, than bring torture and pain to another person because some invisible being told some guy to tell me to do it.  Its truly amazing that some people think killing and maiming on a grand scale will give them some eternal glory in the afterlife.  It’s a shame that such derangement is taught, and cultivated.  What glory is there in killing people, who were born into this life, just the same as you, and should be allowed to enjoy this wonderful gift of a life?




Today is Thanksgiving here in the US.  So many people sat down at their tables, and counted their blessings.  Many people are getting ready to stay up all night long in lines for Black Friday.  And in my mind, I’m pondering the disbelief of people’s attitudes.  The holiday season is upon us, and still I find little to be joyful about when I watch or read any form of news.

Its hard not to let all of the hate, pain, and all the other mess get to you.  But you have to.  I know, I have a ton to be thankful for.  A family, friends, my life, and my love.  I’m thankful I’m a dreamer, and so thankful I’m somewhat educated.  I’m thankful I am disgusted by the news, because if I wasn’t, then what would I be?  I care too much, and I always will, about the future of the human race, and honestly, its hard to see hope.

So I’ll end this here, on this depressing note.  I mean, it’s the holidays and all, and that’s what they are all about!  Dancing, presents, and depression.  I always feel there needs to be a somber reminder about the state of the world, so we can all feel the want and need for a better tomorrow.  I might be ending this all in a depressing way, but know that I will always have hope, no matter how hard it is to see, that we can rise above, and truly enjoy this life, just as we were meant to.


Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage