Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Blog Spring Cleaning


I keep looking at this blog and thinking about what I’d call ‘trimming the fat.’  Some of the earlier posts just aren’t up to snuff.  Heck, there are a couple of posts that are really just ads for other posts.

Right now, I feel as though the pace I’m setting is great.  Four posts a week are really working out, and it leaves me a wiggle room to write other things.  But I can’t help but look at my post count, and wonder if I should divest the blog of some of the earlier posts.


This post, is the 154rd post.  I thought I’d celebrate passing 150 with a poem, but if I cull some posts, which one would be 150?  There’s nothing like the thought of some spring cleaning.  I would do it sooner than what I’m planning, but I definitely want to focus more on the wedding, than adding another chore to pull off.

But what do you think, readers?  Should I trim away some of the fat?  Honestly, ever week I go back and find an older post to promote on twitter to introduce people to the older unseen blog posts.  I find that a great way to keep the old content out there.  Fact is, 154 posts is a lot of reading if someone just found the blog and wanted to ‘catch up,’ and its only going to grow.  So I can lose a couple of posts that no one will ever read, right?

I think one of the hardest parts about writing the blog, that I’ve come across, is trying to write a post that is more or less timeless.  One that doesn’t reference specific dates, or life events that are so far gone that the story doesn’t matter too much after an amount of time.

In the end, I won’t take too much from the blog, but definitely some posts need to go.  I’ve come a very long way in this ‘blogging career’ and its kind of interesting that I’ve come so far in blogging that I can look back at the older stuff and not want it around anymore.  That should be a milestone in and of itself.

There should be a quote somewhere about knowing that you’ve come to a certain point in life, when you can look back and actually see how far you’ve come.  This post to me, will always serve as a reminder of knowing that I got far enough to see that it was time to make the blog that much better.  And, honestly, I can’t wait until I write another one, just like this.

–Dan

Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage