Monday, April 8, 2013

A Good Ghost Story

I write books about vampires that involve a ghost, but I have never been into ghost stories. I’ve never had the reputed pleasure of being freaked out by tales of psychotic spirits, or spirited psychotics who are about to lop my head off with a power tool as soon as I drift off to sleep at some backwoods campsite.

Do I believe in ghosts? Yes. My house where I grew up (my parents house) and my house where I live at now is haunted. Why do ghosts exist? The answer is strictly opinion but in my opinion, yes.



I say yes because I have seen many things that I cannot explain. Whether or not ghosts actually exist is a question that has been debated in almost every culture and region around the world since time immemorial. Those who believe in ghosts point to countless instances of unexplained stories which strange sightings and paranormal happenings have taken place. The skeptics on the other hand dismiss such talk about "ghosts" as figments of the imagination.

The popular concept of ghosts is that souls that could not find rest after death or have some unfinished business such as seeking revenge or trying to tell something to someone. Another concept of ghosts include unexplained happenings like movement of an object, strange noises, or even the feeling of a presence.

Whether or not ghosts are real is really up to you. As for me, they are real. Dan and I have been out to a few places, on vacations and travel, and I have distinctly felt something. On one such instance, I described to Dan certain things, when we hit the ghost tour, ever feeling I had was promptly explained. It was an eerily surreal experience, but ever since, my interest has really peaked.

Dan and I catch the Dead Files every Friday night, and dream of someday meeting Amy Allan. We tend to avoid shows that overdramatize the ‘ghost hunter experience’ as it were, as those seem to do more harm to the credibility of people who really do take this stuff seriously.

Do you think ghosts exist? Have you ever seen or felt...something...anything? I would love to read some of your own ghost stories in the comment section below!

Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage