Monday, August 19, 2013

Artistic Work

I have never written so much in my entire life.  I can easily compare it all to my early adulthood, when I was writing 8 hours a day.  I spend so much time in front of the computer now, its crazy.  And I have nothing but a backlog of work.

Thing is, its not just the writing, it’s the photography, the blog’s promotion, the working with Lisa on her newest novel, brainstorming.  I’m completely shocked at how much there is to do now that I have absolutely nothing to do.



As I write this, I still need to type and edit over thirty pages of Lisa’s new novel.  Her novel has now surpassed my own, which I feel I neglect way too much.  I’ve caught back up to where I want to be on the blog itself, being several posts ahead gives me leeway to not have to write a new post every day.

Photography is a beast all its own, but in the end, figuring out my own workflow through trial and error has really streamlined the process.  Editing photo sessions have become quite manageable, and I’m truly enjoying working out how much I we should charge for the work.  There’s nothing quite like streamlining a labor of love.

It almost seems most of my day is trying to streamline workflow.  It makes it all quite interesting, bouncing my brain around different forms of artistic endeavors.  I never thought it was possible, but I’m at the point where I can write just about anything at the drop of a hat and be proud of it.  And being able to see things, right afterwards, that exist in a picture’s editing process before you edit it is really fun.

At this point, I almost live and breath some form of art.  My mind is constantly thinking about fictional stories, or how to enhance what I’m looking at.  The most amazing thing is that since I’m balancing so many different things, I’m not getting anywhere near burnt out.  The closest I come is looking at my monitors for too long and my eyes start hurting.

One of the most fun parts of it all, is Lisa.  A very long time ago, it seems, I would dream of living this kind of life, pouring over art, creating art in such a way.  But I never thought it would come out like this.  I never thought I’d be doing something where I felt there wasn’t enough hours in the day for me to do what I wanted to do.

Joyous.  That’s one of the many words that I use to describe my life now.  And its all thanks to my wife.  She believes in me more than I believe in myself.  She pushes me towards my aspirations, and is learning how to lovingly push me to my limits.  The only thing I can ever ask of her, is to never stop pushing me towards this dream, maybe even push harder.

Whatever I have, whether you call it a talent, or a gift, or whatever, I’m truly blessed to not only have it, but be allowed to use it.  Now...if I could only find more time to get this workload down.  At this rate, I’m going to have to make a list and work through it!  Phew....  Oh well, back to work!

Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage