Wednesday, September 18, 2013

An Analogy of Rain

There’s something about driving in the rain.  I’m not sure what it is, maybe its just the grey of the sky, or the memories that flood in, but the wipers flick at a certain beat, and time seems like a vague concept.

I’ve lived a life that I cannot sometimes comprehend.  The way the moonlight shines through the trees, creating shadows at night fills me with a warmth I never expect.  A cold night wind takes that feeling away every time, but it WAS there, I FELT it.



Water flows, down the hill, taking the path of least resistance.  Its hard not to envy that journey, because it twists and winds in out of the way places.  Waterfalls are some of the prettiest things you’ll ever see, but they normally exist in the most extreme of realms.

Most people never realize, the beauty that’s at their feet and under their noses.  They focus on the unreal, the pain, sadness.  The world weeps from time to time, as does glass when the humidity is right, but there is more to life than tear streaked faces.

Today, I walked in the rain, but only to get home.  I watched the rivulets in the road and the waterfall in the gutter.  I was dry under the coat, but soaked deeper within.  Rain on the roof, makes a cacophony of sound, a bass that vibrates the soul.

As a photographer, I capture a split second in time, and hope that it was the right moment to tell the stories I want it to tell.  As a writer, I spill words up on the page, hoping to create moments that form a picture.  I work at both ends of the spectrum, and can’t help but see myself in the falling rain.

The journey from the clouds to the ground, then around and down.  Gravity tugging my art, as it collects momentum, building up and breaking through obstacles.  Not all rain gets to the ocean.  In fact most of it gets absorbed into the ground, swallowed up into darkness.  Sometimes it seeps way down and collects in vast caverns underground.

People have even had a fascination with these caves, making them tourist attractions.  Water there makes many unbelievable things, though the process takes time...so very much time.

Pain in my life, has flowed through my soul, carving out all sorts of amazing formations.  Lisa sees the beauty in my soul, and agonizes at what it took to create such a masterpiece.  But she also knows it was all worth it, because she was the end that everything was flowing towards.

Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage