Monday, September 30, 2013

Falling in Love Again, for the First Time.

I can honestly say that I have never been happier. I'm sure you have heard it or even said it but for me it is the truth. I have never felt or been so loved in all my life and it's all because of a wonderful caring man that I call my husband.

After my late husband died I was lost. I really didn't know what I was going to do next. It was just me and my 13 year old daughter. I thought there was no way I was going to get married again and have my heart ripped out of my chest again. After a few months I started to get lonely. I missed the championship that I had with my late husband. My mom told me that I was too young to be by myself and I should start dating again.

Dating again? I mean it was fun the first time around but ‘now’ I was 35 and the rules of dating had changed. But what the heck at least I would give it a shot. I started to date guys from around the surrounded area but I just didn't like them. My mom even tried to set me up on some and I hated them. I was tired of dating and I thought I should get a lot of cats to keep me company when my daughter moved out to go to college.

Then one of my friends told me to go to a dating website. I said "You’re kidding me." She said that she had met some guys on there that were really nice. I told her I would give it a chance and that night I went to that website and made a profile.

I saw tons of guys that were cute but none of them that I would care to date. I even talked to a few of them. But for me that all failed my test of someone that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I thought for sure I was going to spend the rest of my life alone.

One night I was on the website and I got a message from a guy in the middle of Arkansas. He saw that I was an author and he just wanted to talk. I called him up and we talked until 2 in the morning. I thought this guy is great. He would be a great friend if nothing else. But deep down inside, I thought maybe, just maybe, something was there.

After talking on the phone and meeting at the mall he started driving 3 hours just to see me on the weekends. The weekends are what I lived for. I couldn't wait to see him. He was not only the guy I was dating, he was so much more. I would cry as I watched him leave to go back to his home every weekend. That's when I knew he had to move in with me.

When I look at all this now...its been 2 years since he moved in. He is now my husband, my best friend, he is my everything. This man has made me the happiest woman in the world. We never fight and we are always doing everything together. We are a team, and he is the other half of Me. I never would have guessed that I would have found happiness, he actually changed my definition of happiness forever. Most of what I’m saying may sound cliche, but ever bit of it is the truth and more, because if the world could have an ounce of how this man has made me feel, then we’d be living in a far better place. And I truly believe that....

Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage