Friday, September 20, 2013

(poem) - Being an Individual

Diversity is what makes
The human race so great
So why is it when someone’s different
All they get is hate?

I just do not understand
Why it seems to be everyone’s plan
To simply be sheep
In this herd of Man

Someone does
Some really cool to their hair
And the preppies pick on them
Without a single care.

I’ve spent my entire adult life
Marching to the beat of my own drum
And I promise you this
I’ll never conform

My differences make me unique
I’m the black sheep of the bunch
Standing over six feet tall
I have broad shoulders, and never hunch

Yet my hair flows down my back
A beautiful mane
Its part of who I am
Its dictated by my genes

Yet I’m ridiculed for it
Have such lovely locks
I get more flack for my hair
Than a guy with leprosy and pox.

In the end
I know the truth
They are jealous of my uniqueness
That’s why they are so uncouth

I stand up tall and proud
And show the world who I really am
I’m not a sheep at all
Definitely not as meek as a lamb

I’ve had many heroes
Through my long life
And now one truly is
The daughter of my wife

Fuck all the people
That give her flack
She’s her own person
And she’s never going back

To the drab misery
That is being part of the herd
All those people are good for
Is looking like the girl in ‘ermahgerd’

I’ll not be part
Of any crowd
That spreads any form of hate
All over town

The best part about it all
Is that the ‘normal’ person in class
Will end up working 9 to 5
Kissing their boss’ ass

While us unique few
Will make the art
That the ‘normals’ entertain themselves with
And only wish they could take part.

So look down your nose
All you want
I’ll smile right back
Because I have individuality to flaunt.

--Dan

--Want more Poetry?  Check out my Poetry Collection Page!

Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage